A visit to the Falcon Hospital
Visit the famous Falcon Hospital with the museum of falconry and get an insight into the long-standing tradition of falconry.
- observe the majestic raptors
- watch the falconer at work
- see the falcons in the birdhouse
In this hospital the falcons are kept not because they are sick, they are 100% healthy, and the goal is to keep them healthy.
Falcons have very high prestige in the Emirates
The falcon is a majestic raptor, which has very high prestige in the Emirates. The falcons in the UAE have their own “hospital”, it is called Falcon Hospital.
The Falcon Hospital Abu Dhabi is a special institution, which specialized in the treatment of falcons
It was opened on the 3rd of October 1999 and has already recorded over 65000 “patients”. The beautiful falcons are treated there, e.g. their beaks, claws, wings, etc.
The “hospital” is located a little bit outside of the center of Abu Dhabi and near the International Airport.
A spacious museum belongs to the “hospital”, which will give you an interesting insight into traditional falconry. You can also admire there the numerous special falconer tools and devices.
Each falcon is registered, they receive an ID and enjoy among others, “manicure and pedicure” and feather repair service. It is not an easy job to foster falcons.
You can watch the falcons in free flight in the large aviary. To always remember this tour, you can have your photo taken with a falcon on your arm.
Good to know
- Starting Time: 10 AM, 2 PM, Monday – Thursday (depends on availability)
- Last booking time: 48 hours before Tour Start
- Last cancellation option (100% money back): no cancellation for tickets
- Duration: max. 4 Hours (incl. pick up and drop), Falcon World Tour 2 hours
- Price: per person
- From/To: Start and End of the Tour in Abu Dhabi
- Meeting Point: Pick up from a Mall, Pick up from Airport, Pick up from Cruise Terminal, Pick up from Hotel
- Inclusive: Entry Permission, Pick up and drop
- Not Inclusive: Meals, Transfer outside of Abu Dhabi
- Participants: Group Tour with more than 10 Participants
- Tour Guide: Certificated Tour Guide
- Language: English